I feel like I should introduce myself. So in the words of Ubercorn… let me give you the funky facts.
- I live just south of the Gold Coast in far northern NSW with my husband Miles, 18 month old daughter Milla Plum and two tabby cats. Oh and the little freeloader occupying my body and taking up precious stomach space – a little boy due to make his entrance in May.
- Miles and I are high school sweethearts. We got together at a party in year 12 and have been together ever since (nearly 15 years)!
- I come from a super big family – I’m number 5 of 6 kids with 4 older brothers and a younger sister. Family gatherings are a bit ridiculous when we all actually get together. My sister is my best friend – if we weren’t related I’d still choose her. I kind of wanted another baby girl so that Milla could have what we have. But I’ve totally come around to having a boy now.
- Miles and I are big Star Wars nerds. Actually we’re big fans of TV and movies in general. Our fave genres are disaster movies, sci fi and war movies. Milla Plum has the most amazing attention span for TV too – she’ll watch for hours. She really is our daughter.
- It took me a really long time to figure out what to do with my life. I started with a Psychology degree, worked in HR, then admin, then floristry and finally settled on graphic design and I love it. I currently freelance and work from home between mumlife.
- I love champagne and cake. Separately or together. I’m counting down until I can drink the sweet golden bubbly liquid once this baby has arrived. Don’t worry, I’ve been keeping up the pastry/cake/donut intake to ensure baby is growing well.
- I lived in Sydney my whole life up until 28 when we decided to make the move to the Gold Coast (along with my sister and her husband). I miss my group of girlfriends who I’ve been friends with since high school, but aside from that I don’t really miss Sydney life. The Gold Coast is so easy and cruisy and the weather is so consistently good (although this Summer has been fucked).
- I don’t feel like a natural Mum. Being left with a newborn was a total shock and I found those first 9 months of mumlife tough. But I love it, and I think I’m growing into it. Although I’m still learning patience and learning to surrender and to let go… of control? I don’t know. I guess it is a job I will be learning forever.
- Despite toddler tantrums, I still prefer toddler to newborn. I love being able to communicate with Plum and she is much more fun now than she was as a baby who did not like to feed or sleep and who cried A LOT. Anybody who says “Oh, the baby just has to fit in with your life, you don’t change for them” didn’t have my baby.
- Ok I think 10 funky facts is enough. So umm.. Oh hey here are a couple of pet peeves. People who say “should of” instead of “should have”. And also people who don’t understand that brought and bought are not interchangeable. They mean completely different things. Bringing something is different to buying something.
So there you have it. Are you still reading?